January 29, 2008 – Banner & Witcoff, Ltd., a leading intellectual property firm that is dedicated to the procurement, enforcement and litigation of intellectual property rights throughout the world, is pleased to announce the election of new principal shareholders, shareholders and associates who have recently joined the firm. Banner & Witcoff is pleased to welcome the following principal shareholders:
- Steve S. Chang joined the firm’s Washington D.C. office in 1998. Mr. Chang works primarily in the fields of electronics and computer technology. Mr. Chang’s experience includes; client counseling and opinions, patent preparation and prosecution, and all phases of litigation practice. Mr. Chang received his J.D. in 1998 from Temple University.
- Gregory J. Cohan joined the firm’s Boston office in 1996. Mr. Cohan works primarily in the field of patent prosecution. Previously Mr. Cohan worked as a systems engineer, marketing representative, and facilities engineer at IBM. Mr. Cohan receivedhis B.S.M.E. from Clarkson University in 1983 and his J.D. in 1996 from Franklin Pierce Law Center.
- Ross A. Dannenberg joined the firm’s Washington, D.C. office in 2000. Mr. Dannenberg works primarily in the fields of computer software, video game and entertainment-related technology. Previously Mr. Dannenberg worked as an information systems manager for Carnival Cruise Lines. Mr. Dannenberg received his J.D. in 2000 from The George Washington University Law School.
- Darrell G. Mottley joined the firm’s Washington D.C. office in 2000. Mr. Mottley primarily works in the fields of design patents, electronics, mechanical, computer andrelated technology. Mr. Mottley’s experience includes, engineering work for the AAI Corporation and for the U.S. Army Belvoir Research and Engineering Development Center. Mr. Mottley received his J.D. with honors in 2000 from The George Washington University Law School.
- Paul J. Nykaza joined the firm’s Chicago office in 2006. Mr. Nykaza works primarily in the fields of patent procurement and portfolio management. Mr. Nykaza previously worked as a mechanical engineer at ComEd’s Braidwood Nuclear Generating Station. Mr. Nykaza received his J.D. in 1993 from Loyola University Chicago.
- H. Wayne Porter joined the firm’s Washington D.C. office in 2001. Mr. Porter works primarily in the fields of patent prosecution and related counseling, including evaluation of patent infringement and validity issues. Mr. Porter previously worked as a mechanical engineer for the United States Government, where his duties included mechanical design and testing. Mr. Porter received his J.D. in 1990 from the University of Florida.
- Paul M. Rivard joined the firm’s Washington D.C. office in 1998. Mr. Rivard works primarily in the fields of patent prosecution and patent interferences, principally in the chemical and pharmaceutical arts. Mr. Rivard previously worked as a Patent Examiner in the United States Patent and Trademark Office. Mr. Rivard received his J.D. in 1998 from Catholic University.
- Christopher B. Roth joined the firm’s Washington D.C office in 1999. Mr. Roth works primarily in the fields of chemical matters and litigation. Mr. Roth’s experience includes preparing and prosecuting patent applications particularly in the technological areas involving organic and inorganic chemistry, analytical chemistry and chemical engineering. Mr. Roth received his J.D. in 1999 from the University of Minnesota.
- Richard S. Stockton joined the firm’s Chicago office in 2000. Mr. Stockton works primarily in the fields of patent and trademark litigation. Mr. Stockton is a member of the Chancellor’s Circle and the College of Law’s Board of Visitors at the University of Illinois, and he is an Adjunct Professor of Law at Georgetown University Law Center. Mr. Stockton received his J.D. in 2000 from the University of Illinois.
Banner & Witcoff is pleased to welcome the following shareholders:
- Michael J. Harris joined the firm’s Chicago office in 2003. Mr. Harris works primarily in the field of intellectual property litigation. Mr. Harris previously worked as anelectrical engineer for the State of Illinois Commerce Commission. Mr. Harris received his J.D. in 2003 from the University of Illinois College of Law.
- David R. Gerk joined the firm’s Washington D.C. office in 2002. Mr. Gerk works primarily in the fields of design patent, counseling, licensing and opinions. Mr. Gerk’s previous experience includes, research assistant at Argonne National Laboratory and engineer for Tox Pressotechnik. Mr. Gerk also serves as Associate Professorial Lecturer at The George Washington University Law School, co-teaching Patent Law for Engineers. Mr. Gerk received his J.D. in 2002 from The George Washington University Law School.
Additionally, Banner & Witcoff is pleased to welcome the following associates:
- Katie L. Becker, Chicago Office, Patent Prosecution and Chemical Matters, former Law Clerk at PepsiCo, J.D., Chicago-Kent College of Law
- Brian J. Brisnehan, Washington, D.C. Office; Prosecution, Litigation and Counseling in PatentMatters; former Software Development Engineer at Microsoft, J.D., George Mason University School of Law
- Louis DiSanto, Chicago Office; Chemical, Patent Prosecution, and Litigation; J.D., University of Illinois College of Law
- Katherine L. Fink, Chicago Office; Trademarks, Patents, Copyrights and Trade Secrets; formerProgram Analyst at Lockheed Martin Information Technology, J.D., Northwestern University
- Matthew J. Kohner, Washington, D.C. Office, Litigation and Patent Prosecution, former PTO Patent Examiner, J.D., The George Washington University
- Rick H. Lin, Washington D.C. Office; Electronics, Computer, and Related Technology, Internet, e-Commerce and Business; former Board Member/Consultant to Complin Technologies, J.D., The George Washington University Law School
- David D. Lowry, Boston Office; Counseling, Opinions, Licensing, Electronics, Computer, Internet, E-Commerce and Business Methods, Patent Prosecution and Trademarks; J.D., Franklin Pierce Law Center
- Dima N. Moussa, Chicago Office; Litigation, Prosecution and Counseling in Patent, Trademark and Copyright Matters; J.D., DePaul University College of Law
- Timothy J. Rechtien, Chicago Office, Litigation and Patent Prosecution, former Design Engineer for Sargent & Lundy, J.D., The John Marshall Law School
- Jon Charles Reali, Portland Office; Patent Prosecution, Electronics, Computer and Related Technology, Internet, E-Commerce and Business Methods; J.D., Notre Dame Law School
- Jeanne M. Tanner, Boston Office; Prosecution, Counseling, Electrical, Mechanical and Material Patent Applications, former Structural Engineer at TRW, J.D., George Mason University School of Law
- Bradley J. Van Pelt, Chicago Office; Litigation, Prosecution, and Counseling in Trademark, Patent and Copyright; J.D., Georgetown University Law Center
Please direct all media enquiries to Colleen Strasser at 312-463-5465 or email@example.com