Banner Witcoff today announced the election of firm president Binal Patel, two new members of the Board of Directors, and 10 new shareholders dedicated to protecting their clients’ intellectual property and propelling their business.
Speaking about his election to President, Binal said, “I am humbled and honored to have been elected as the next President of Banner Witcoff, which has been my professional home for over 25 years. During this time, I have seen my IP practice flourish and have developed many valuable relationships inside and outside the firm. I look forward to proudly representing the firm as we navigate the exciting future challenges and opportunities that lie ahead.”
During his time at Banner Witcoff, Binal has served on the Board of Directors, as a trusted advisor to his clients and a sought-out mentor to many. His practice covers a range of areas including district court patent litigation, proceedings at the Patent Trial and Appeal Board, and patent portfolio management.
Beyond his practice, Binal has played an instrumental role in promoting and advancing diverse attorneys across the country as the co-founder of the South Asian Bar Association of Chicago and the South Asian Bar Association of North America, and with his involvement in various other local and national minority bar associations.
Ten new shareholders were also elected. The new class, which spans the firm’s Washington, D.C., and Chicago offices, includes:
- Shambhavi Patel, Principal Shareholder (Washington, D.C.)
- Blair Silver, Principal Shareholder (Washington, D.C.)
- Alisa Abbott, Shareholder (Washington, D.C.)
- Brian Apel, Shareholder (Chicago)
- Kimberly Devine, Shareholder (Chicago)
- Wesley Jones, Shareholder (Washington, D.C.)
- Christian LaForgia, Shareholder (Washington, D.C.)
- Shawn O’Dowd, Shareholder (Washington, D.C.)
- Pat Richey, Shareholder (Chicago)
- Kurt Riester, Shareholder (Chicago)
Additionally, Katie Laatsch Fink and Frederic Meeker were elected to serve on the Board of Directors.
Posted: January 22, 2021