Banner Witcoff is one of the best performing and most active law firms in inter partes review (IPR), according to Patexia’s 2020 IPR Intelligence Report that also recognizes nearly a dozen firm attorneys as leading practitioners in this space.
The report – which was released Sept. 9, 2020, and measures the performance of 915 law firms across 7,708 IPRs between July 1, 2015 and June 30, 2020 – ranks Banner Witcoff among the top 100 best performing and most active firms representing both patent owners and petitioners in IPRs. Notably, the report recognizes Banner Witcoff as the 11th most active law firm representing petitioners, and the 14th most active firm overall.
In addition to the firm’s rankings, Patexia’s report recognizes the following Banner Witcoff attorneys for being among the best performing and most active IPR attorneys in the nation:
- Fred Meeker ranks among the top five most active attorneys representing petitioners, and among the top 20 most active attorneys overall (representing petitioners and patent owners);
- Brad Wright ranks among the top 10 most active attorneys representing petitioners, and among the top 25 most active attorneys overall;
- Scott Kelly among the top 25 best performing attorneys representing petitioners; among the top 30 best performing attorneys overall, and among the top 65 most active attorneys representing petitioners;
- Blair Silver ranks among the top 30 most active attorneys representing petitioners, and among the top 100 most active attorneys overall;
- John Hutchins ranks among the top 55 most active attorneys representing petitioners;
- Erik Maurer ranks among the top 100 best performing attorneys representing patent owners;
- Jordan Bodner, Charles Shifley, Camille Sauer, Chuck Miller and Shambhavi Patel rank among the top 100 best performing attorneys representing petitioners.
Patexia — a global online platform for IP professionals — indicates the data it analyzed for the report was obtained from public sources, including the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, Patent Trial and Appeal Board, and Public Access to Court Electronic Records.
To learn more about our team of seasoned attorneys and their capabilities and experience in this space, click here.
Posted: September 18, 2020