Anna is a shareholder in the Chicago office. She currently concentrates her practice on trademark, domain name, and copyright prosecution and counseling matters. She manages worldwide portfolios including prosecution of applications, enforcement, oppositions, and cancellations as well as counseling and licensing. She is part of teams representing various manufacturing and services companies, an energy management and automation company, an online travel search engine company, global tech companies, and professional audio product companies.
Anna currently serves as a board member and Chair of the Trademark Committee of the Intellectual Property Law Association of Chicago (IPLAC) and is an active member of the Harmonization of Trademark Law and Practice Committee of the International Trademark Association (INTA) and the Trademark Relations with the USPTO Committee of American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA).
Anna has written several articles for such organizations as INTA, Practicing Law Institute, and The Bureau of National Affairs as well as World Trademark Review. A complete list of these articles can be seen below.
Anna was awarded her J.D. degree from Indiana University School of Law-Bloomington. There she was involved in the Intellectual Property Association, Sports & Entertainment Law Society and Sherman Minton Moot Court. Anna earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in Anthropology, cum laude, from Connecticut College.
Anna is admitted to practice before the Supreme Court of Illinois and the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois.
- The Hidden Persuader: Sound Marks as Sonic Indicators of Source (Landslide) (September/October 2017)
- The Supreme Court Points Courts to Juries on Issue of Trademark Tacking (Banner & Witcoff IP Alert) (February 2015)
- Aesthetic Functionality in the TTAB Since Louboutin (Banner & Witcoff IP Update) (April 2014)
- Be prepared: The importance of due diligence in choosing between bench and jury trials, (World Trademark Review) (April/May 2013)
- Brand Locally, Think Globally: International Trademark Searching & Filing Strategies, (Practicing Law Institute’s Understanding Trademark Law) (June 2011)
- Where to Start?: Understanding Trademark Searching and Filing in a Global Marketplace (Practicing Law Institute’s Understanding Trademark Law) (June 2010)
- Caution: Do Not Outsource Your Ethical Obligations!, Outsourcing and Ethical Issues (Int’l Trademark Ass’n Annual Meeting, Boston, MA) (May 2010)
- Global Harmonization of Trademark Laws: Not Quite There Yet, 74 BNA PTCJ 77 (2007)