Banner & Witcoff, Ltd., a national intellectual property firm that is dedicated to the procurement, enforcement and litigation of intellectual property rights throughout the world, announces the election of three shareholders and the arrival of eight associates.
William J. Allen, Elected, Principal Shareholder, joined the firm’s Chicago office in 2000. Mr. Allen handles patent related matters primarily in the electrical, computer and business method arts. Previously Mr. Allen worked as an engineer for BP Amoco for more than 10 years. Mr. Allen earned a B.S.E.E from the University of Illinois at Chicago, an M.B.A. from Keller Graduate School of Management, with distinction, and received his J.D., summa cum laude, from DePaul University College of Law.
Michael L. Krashin, Elected, Shareholder, joined the firm’s Chicago office in 2005. Mr. Krashin’s practice encompasses all areas of intellectual property law, including patents, trademarks, trade secrets, and copyrights, with an emphasis on the enforcement of intellectual property rights. Mr. Krashin served as an Adjunct Professor at Loyola University Chicago School of Law from 2007 through 2009. Mr. Krashin received his J.D., magna cum laude, from Loyola University Chicago School of Law.
Chunhsi Andy Mu, Elected, Shareholder, joined the firm’s Washington, D.C. office in 2005. Mr. Mu handles a broad range of intellectual property issues in technical fields including Internet applications, video games, business methods, telecommunications, and computer software. Prior to joining Banner & Witcoff, Mr. Mu worked for the National Institute of Standards & Technology, assisting in both the Intelligent Systems and Advanced Network Technologies Divisions. Mr. Mu received a B.S. in Computer Science and a B.S. in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Maryland and his J.D. in 2005 from The George Washington University Law School.
Additionally, Banner & Witcoff welcomes the following associates:
- Erin E. Bryan, Boston; Biotechnology, Chemical, Patent Prosecution and Litigation; J.D., Suffolk University
- Evan Clark, Washington, D.C.; Litigation and Patent Prosecution; J.D., George Mason University School of Law
- Audra Eidem Heinze, Chicago; Mechanical, Computer Technologies, Prosecution and Litigation; J.D., Texas Wesleyan University
- Rajit Kapur, Washington, D.C.; Electrical, Computer Technologies, Patent Prosecution; J.D., George Washington University Law School
- Matthew J. May, Chicago; former Engineering Manager for Baxter Healthcare, Litigation and Prosecution; M.B.A. with distinction, DePaul University, J.D., John Marshall Law School
- Adam Schlosser, Washington D.C.; Electronics, Computer Technologies, Patent Prosecution and Litigation; J.D., Temple University
- Neil C. Trueman, Chicago; Biotechnology, Litigation, Counseling and Prosecution; Ph.D. in Biotechnology, Cambridge University’s Institute of Biotechnology, LPC with distinction, College of Law of England and Wales, J.D. cum laude, Northwestern University School of Law. Neil joined Banner & Witcoff after having practiced IP law as a solicitor in the firm of Bristows in London, England.
- Mark Wilinski, Washington D.C.; Electronics, Computer Technologies, Patent Prosecution and Litigation; J.D., George Mason University