Foreign Filing Specialist
3/25/2015 | Washington, DC
• Maintain knowledge of foreign filing requirements, tax laws, renewal data, expiration data, etc.
• Prepare and review appropriate correspondence from foreign associates and to clients regarding new applications, formal requirements, filing details, etc.
• Provide follow-up service regarding due dates to clients by telephone, e-mail or letter.
• Responsible for certification/legalization of formal legal documents.
• Prepare and forward to clients, letters, patent documents, acceptance notices, filing reports, publication information, etc.
• Process formal documents to foreign associates.
• Prioritize workload to meet foreign filing deadlines and due dates.
• Prepare correspondence and perform clerical duties necessary to complete the foreign filing process and maintenance of foreign files through grant.
• Interact with staff and legal personnel on a daily basis.
• Maintain foreign filing docket as necessary for work assignments.
• Miscellaneous other duties as assigned by International Manager.
• Maintain a high quality work product and ability to schedule work to meet department deadlines and perform job responsibilities under pressure efficiently, productively and in a professional manner.
Skills and Educational Requirements: The ideal candidate will have strong working knowledge of international and foreign patent processes. Knowledge of domestic patent processes is helpful. Must be detail oriented, have strong organizational, written and oral communication skills and be a team player. It is critical that the ideal candidate has solid proofing skills and understands the need for producing error-free work results. Qualified candidates should be proficient in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Explorer, and have solid knowledge of the PCT, U.S. and National Phase filing rules. Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required.
The Firm offers a competitive compensation based on experience, as well as a comprehensive benefits package, a 35-hour work week (overtime as necessary), business casual attire, and a friendly office environment. This is a full time position.
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter with salary requirements to: email@example.com for consideration.