- Regular educational luncheon programs with attorneys on intellectual property issues;
- An introduction to the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office;
- Observing Federal Court oral arguments;
- Several social events and group activities at hot spots in the city, at the firm, and at our attorneys’ homes; and,
- Attending local trials, hearings and/or depositions.
Each year, our attorneys review resumes and interview law students on campuses throughout the country. The students who receive an offer to join the firm as part of our summer associate program are chosen because our lawyers have determined, through a vigorous review process, that they can provide a valuable contribution to the firm.
We look for talented and well-rounded individuals who share our commitment to excellence in the practice of intellectual property law. We identify candidates for our summer associate program based on their strong academic records in law school and undergraduate studies as well as their personal achievements, motivation and commitment to the highest standards of the legal profession.
Ordinarily, candidates for our summer associate program must have a technical or scientific background and be eligible to take the patent bar exam, a requirement for patent attorneys.
Our summer associate program is a significant part of the firm’s recruiting program. A very high percentage of our full time associates complete our summer associate program. We also offer full-time and part-time clerking positions that are particularly suited to students attending law school on a part-time or evening basis.
Connect with us to learn more about the summer program and the application process.