At Banner & Witcoff, we employ a merit-based promotion system that rewards performance not tenure. Associates can become shareholders within four and one-half years of graduation from law school and can achieve principal shareholder status in seven and one-half years.
We also manage our firm democratically, giving each shareholder one vote. Our board of directors is elected by the shareholders, and no board member may serve for more than two consecutive three-year terms. Our executive director, a full time business manager, also oversees the day to day operations of our firm.
All new associates are eligible for a full range of benefits that include:
- Competitive compensation packages;
- Performance bonuses;
- 401(k) Plan (available after one full year of employment);
- Health, life (including voluntary), dental, vision, long-term disability insurance and travel insurance policy;
- Paid parental leave;
- Flexible spending account for medical and dependent care;
- Pre-tax transportation and parking benefits;
- Reimbursement for professional association fees, marketing and professional development fees, and CLE fees;
- Business casual work environment year-round; and,
- Direct deposit.
In addition, new law school graduates receive:
- Summer stipend;
- State and patent bar review course fees; and,
- Bar fees.