Bradley C. Wright presents “Patent Developments for IT Practitioners” at the 14th Annual Virginia Information Technology Legal Institute in Fairfax, VA.
This popular, long-running program is an update of the legal developments over the past year in information technology law and related areas of intellectual property law that are most important to practicing attorneys and their clients.
Mr. Wright’s presentation will include the following points:
- Avoiding litigation without giving a covenant not to sue
- Legality of provisions prohibiting challenging patent validity in settlements
- Status of patentability of software and computer-related inventions
- Status of patentability of genetics-related inventions
- Availability of injunctive relieve when infringer’s product is in different market segment
- Patent malpractice cases belong in state, not federal court
- Standards-Essential Patents: recent developments
For more information or to register for the event, please click here.
MCLE Credits: 7.0
Ethics Credits Included: 2.0