DC Bar Intellectual Property Law 2010 Year in Review Series — Part 2: Patent Update
Co-Presented by Bradley Wright, Banner & Witcoff, Ltd.
This session will focus on patent law, providing an overview that will be valuable not only to the patent practitioner, but also to anyone dealing with intellectual property issues. Faculty will explore the following important patent law cases from 2010:
- Ariad v. Lilly (en banc-whether written description requirement should be eliminated)
- Bilski v. Kappos (patentability of business methods-Supreme Court)
- Golden Hour v. emsCharts (“joint” infringement by multiple parties)
- Princo v. ITC (en banc-patent misuse defense)
- The Forest Group v. Bon Tool (patent mismarking)
- Therasense v. Becton Dickinson (en banc review of inequitable conduct)
- TiVo v. Echostar (en banc review of contempt proceedings)
- Transocean v. Maersk (overseas offer to sell as infringement).
A 2010 Regulatory and Legislative Review also will be presented, comprising of:
- 2010 legislative update
- Updates to the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office’s KSR Examination Guidelines
- Subject matter eligibility in view of Bilski v. Kappos
- Procedural update regarding ex parte and inter partes reexamination proceedings
- Current USPTO pilot programs
- USPTO’s Electronic Filing System update, highlighting advances in EFS practice
- USPTO’s draft 2010-2015 Strategic Plan.
D.C. Bar Conference Center
1101 K Street NW
(Nearest Metro Stop: Metro Center 12th Street)
Washington DC 20005
CLE Program 202-626-3488