Banner & Witcoff proudly sponsors the Hispanic Bar Association of DC’s 34th Annual Equal Justice Awards Reception.
Thursday, November 10, 2011
6:30 p.m. Reception
8:00 p.m. Awards
9:00 p.m. Dessert Reception & Dancing
Mandarin Oriental Hotel
1330 Maryland Ave SW
The Hispanic Bar Association of the District of Columbia ( “HBA-DC” ), a non-profit organization, was founded in 1977 as the Hispanic Lawyers Association. Its membership includes many hundreds of lawyers practicing in Washington, D.C., Maryland and Virginia, Latino students attending local law schools, and other non-lawyers who join as associate members. The HBA-DC encourages the active involvement of all its members and the meetings of its Board of Directors are open to all members.
The HBA-DC is dedicated to the following principles:
- Advancing and developing Latinos in the legal profession;
- Promoting equal justice and opportunity for all Hispanics;
- Educating the Hispanic community about relevant legal issues;
- Promoting the professional development of Hispanic lawyers and law students;
- Encouraging Latinos to enter the legal profession; and promoting the appointment of Hispanics to leadership positions in federal, state, and local governments, in the judiciary, and in other leadership positions.
More information including event registration is available online.